About Me

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Multigrain Chia Bread

I am very far behind (5 breads to be precise) in posting recent attempts.  All these breads have been using the my version of the delayed fermentation  method (see previous posts) and chia seeds have featured in most of them. I am liking how these little black seeds are adding moisture to the bread, not to mention nutrition.

Ingredients (one loaf)
350 g whole wheat flour
48 g amaranth, ground (¼ c)
50 g rolled oats, ground (¼ c)
6 g cracked flaxseeds (2 tsp)
8 g chia seeds, ground (2 tsp)

21 g  dry milk powder (3 Tbsp)
1 tsp salt
½ tsp instant yeast

323 g water (1½ c)
1 Tbsp oil
8g / 1 Tbsp agave nectar

Day 1:
Ingredients

9:09 pm: Barely mixed in
The dough was quite sticky and I had to keep dipping my hands in water to keep the dough from sticking too much.

9:33 pm: Rested and then kneaded well

11:18 pm: Not sure this is complete first rise,
but late in the day and time for refrigeration

Day 2:
3:17 pm: Just taken out of the refrigerator

5:46 pm: Close to room temperature

5:48 pm: Shaped and ready for proofing

6:53 pm: Proofed, slashed and ready for the oven

Sliced well, but dense crumb
 
Date: April 6-7, 2012
Recipe: My own recipe
Comments: This was almost a month ago. I can't possibly be expected to remember the details. I do remember though that grinding the amaranth did not help with the distinct bite it lends to the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment